Going to Chelyabinsk for an Academic Degree: Studying at SUSU Assists in Research Career
South Ural State University (SUSU) is situated on the intersection of the European and Asian parts of Russia, in the city of Chelyabinsk. Convenient location and good educational traditions have contributed to the fact that more than two thousand international students from 52 countries are studying at the university today, with about 400 thereof originating from CIS countries. Which academic programmes are most popular among students and postgraduates from Tajikistan? How the obtained knowledge helps build career in home country? Abdullozoda Ramazon Tolibzhon, a SUSU student who has completed his postgraduate programme, and who is also a laureate of the President of Tajikistan Award in the field of education, and a laureate of the Ismoil Somoniy Award 2018 discusses these issues with the Sputnik reporter.
– Abdullozoda, why did you choose a Russian university, and namely SUSU, to complete your higher education?
– I made my choice in favour of this university since it has long been collaborating with Tajik Technical University named after academic M.S. Osimi.
In 2013 I enrolled into the SUSU postgraduate programme so that I could do research at the Department of Life Safety. I was working on the assessment of the condition of earthing devices of electric substations of various types and designation.
Aleksandr Sidorov, Professor, Doctor of Science (Engineering), Head of the SUSU Department of Life Safety, and just a wonderful person, was my academic advisor. He helped me in everything, worded the objective of my work and the tasks for my research, and guided me towards the way of reaching the set goal.
– Did some other students or postgraduates from Tajikistan study with you?
– Yes, in 2013 there were two of us, and together we enrolled into the postgraduate programme under Life Safety specialisation. I know that there are our fellow students in instrumentation engineering specialisations.
I’d like to note that in the beginning all international students face a language barrier problem. It’s difficult to be studying in a foreign language in the university, but overcoming this barrier helps you in self-improvement. Having mastered the language, I started participating in various conferences and events.
– Did the obtained education help you to find a job?
– Yes, of course. I’m currently heading the Department of Relay Protection and Automation at Tajik Technical University named after academic M.S. Osimi. I’m carrying out scientific research and teaching Bachelor’s and Master’s students, using the knowledge that I obtained at SUSU.
– How are you planning on building your further professional career?
– Recently we’ve met with my academic advisor Aleksandr Sidorov to discuss the plan of our future collaboration. I’d like to continue my research and start working on my doctoral thesis.
– What was special for you about studying at SUSU that you will remember?
– Taking part in various conferences and seminars. Over the three years of my studying under the postgraduate programme, SUSU funded my participation in conferences which were held beyond the Chelyabinsk Region. For instance, I attended conferences at Ufa State Oil University, as well as some events held in Moscow and other cities.
– What would you advise to applicants from Tajikistan who are pondering on the option of studying at Russian universities?
– I can advise them on choosing namely South Ural State University, as it will provide them with great opportunities for self-improvement and will allow to continue their work in research in the future.
Olga Romanovskaia; photo by: Viktoria Matveichuk
International scientific-practical conference of students, undergraduates, graduate students and scientists “Muhandis-2019” (“Engineer-2019”)
We invite you to take part in the International scientific-practical conference of students, undergraduates, graduate students and scientists “Muhandis-2019” (“Engineer-2019“).
The conference will be held March 14-16, 2019 at the address: Dushanbe, Acad. Radjabovs street, 10.
Registration of participants: 8-30; conference start: 09-00.
To participate in the conference are invited: students, undergraduates, graduate students, scientists and specialists of educational institutions of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The purpose of the conference: Improving and sharing scientific and technical experience, encouraging students, undergraduates, graduate students and young scientists to solve scientific problems using modern information technology.
The work of the conference will be devoted to the following areas:
- Natural sciences.
- Technique and technological equipment.
- Energy, construction and architecture.
4.Information and communication technology.
- Transport and transport communications.
To participate in the conference, it is necessary to send the following documents to the organizing committee before 01.03.2019:
- Application for participation in the conference;
- Articles up to 8 pages in accordance with the following requirements.
The reports of up to 8 full pages as a file in MS WORD WINDOWS format should be sent before 01.03.2019 to the email address “email@example.com”, “firstname.lastname@example.org” as a file with the last name, initials and direction number, for example: Rakhimov-MS.doc.
Contact phone numbers:
Participation in the conference is free.
Requirements for the possible publications of the articles in the Book of Proceedings.
Borders of the text: from all sides – 25 mm (A4 format). Font: size 14, TIMES NEW ROMAN, single line spacing, automatic word wrap, pictures in JPG format, tables in Word format, formulas in Microsoft Equation or Math Type editor, charts in Microsoft Excel format.
Manuscript construction. The title is in capital letters, bold. List of authors (Last Name, IO), city, name of organization, university, lower e-mail, left alignment. One line indent. Article text: justified alignment. References (not more than 5 sources) in the order of citation, designed in accordance with the bibliographic description of GOST 7.0.5-2008.
The text is printed in the author’s edition, MUST be read and verified by the authors. From one author is possible to submit no more than one report as corresponding author.
Conference materials will be published for free!
Materials that do not meet the requirements of registration will NOT be allowed by the editorial board to print in the collection!
Design example for the articles:
(Title) MD-MODELING OF THE PROCESSES OF INCAPLICATION OF PEPTIDE CHAINS IN THE MATRIX OF CARBON NANOTUBE WITH GOLD NANOPARTICLES
(Authors) Khusenov M.A., Kholmurodov Kh.T.
(Adresses) Dushanbe, Tajik Technical University named after academician M.S. Osimi
Text …Comparative analysis of the results of MD-modeling showed that …
- Khusenov MA, Kholmurodov Kh.T.
MD modeling of the encapsulation of peptide chains of gold in the matrix of a carbon nanotube with gold nanoparticles. Scientific Notes of Khujand State University named after Academician B. Gafurov, 2016, No.4 (39) , pp.90-102.